Thursday, October 28, 2010

?

This is one mother of a chapter. Yes, it's the same chapter as mentioned in the last blog. One thing leads into another. The problem isn't so much what to say as what not to say. This is a chapter of ideas.  I can not bore my reader with ideas that are too inaccessible.  I want my readers to be able to look at my characters and think they are crazy, but crazy in the sense that most normal people are crazy?



Clay described to Mark everything he could remember, from leaving the Jeep to Nat's first sight of the petroglyphs. Mark became most interested when Clay mentioned the large stone spiral on the canyon floor.
Another circle,”said Mark.
Pardon?
Another circle. Like the glass anomaly. The spiral is one of the oldestt symbols found on Earth. It's usually two concentric spirals interspersed together like a flattened double helix. Or  you could call it a simple maze.
Double helix? Like DNA?
Exactly. Our ancestors knew a lot more than they're given credit for.
You don't really believe cave men knew about DNA?
Don't get me started. I could go on about this for the next year. Have you ever studied the Lascaux cave art?
Yes,some of the most profound works of art I've ever seen. They verge on the magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment